Pages

Friday 24 May 2013

DIY: The Easiest Geometric Necklace You'll Ever Make

When you're feeling lazy but still want to make something: here is the easiest geometric necklace you'll ever make. (My amazing sister modeling for me).


Supplies:
  • Thin Cording
  • 3 Tube Beads
  • Scissors




















I used a leather-like cording. The tube beads are square shaped which adds another level of geometric awesomeness, but regular round ones should work fine too.



















Measure the cord to desired length.  Measure out a couple of more centimeters before cutting. Thread the three beads onto the cut cord.



















 Separate one of the side beads from the other two. Take the opposite cut end of the cord and thread it through the bead to make a circle.



















Hold the two cord ends even, pull the threaded tube bead down until you have a triangle in the middle of your cord.



















To finish the necklace you could simple tie the two ends together in a knot. Here, I tied a sliding knot.


Done! Super simple right? I love this necklace so much, it is my go-to at the moment. I love pairing it with the other necklace in the first picture (also handmade).



















If you want a more professional finished look: tie the two ends into loops and attach the clasp with jump-rings.



















This is another version that I made: once you've done the middle triangle, thread three more tube beads onto each side and loop them into triangles too.



















Even simpler: just thread three tube beads onto a colored cord. This colored cording was too thick to thread twice through the tube bead, so I just left it like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment